Thursday, December 13, 2007

Motorola Q - Semi-Good

Been running with the second Motorola Q available on Verizon for about six months now. It's an ok device, not great.

Pros:
* Slim design. Fits in my back pocket without bulge, which I like.
* Rubber coating that keeps it from sliding all over my car
* Can act as a bluetooth modem for my Mac Book Pro, which is great when I'm in places that don't have wifi access.
* Online capes are ok. Not stellar, but adequate.

Negatives:
* Shuts down on it's own, no rhyme or reason. I'm not the only one to have this issue.
* Battery life sucks. It just doesn't live up to what they tell you it is. 12 hours on standby is a dream.
* Alerts are horrible. If you miss a call or have a message, you have to check it or else the alerts will keep going off, which is inredibly annoying. The only way around this is to disable he alerts, which would then require you to check your unit for messages.
* It's pretty difficult to syn with my Mac Book Pro, but Eltima just came out with a solution, so I'll let you know where I net out there.

No comments: