Thursday, December 6, 2007

Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin Ale


I like beer of many shapes and sizes, with the exception being many of the Mexican brews out there (but I do enjoy Negra Modelo and Sol). Nothing against the good people of Mexican heritage, I'm just not stoked on their beer. Hey, I'm Irish and I don't like Guinness either!

Each year for Thanksgiving I grab a few six packs of Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin Ale. It's a novelty beer for the novelty that has become my San Diego Thanksgiving (surfing, ping-pong, Wii and lots of beer with other SD transplants). Brewed by Bill Owens in Hayward, CA, the Pumpkin Ale did us right this year. Using a combination of baked and roasted pumpkins with cinnamon spice, BB's Pumpkin Ale hits the spot for someone who wants a festive brew.

In year's prior I was the only one to enjoy it, but now I have new friends with new tastes, so I was stoked to see Justin and Chris gripping bottles in between matches on the pong table or while playing DDR Hottest party on the Wii.

If you can try some, do. It's not a beer I can have more than four of in a sitting, but it's definitely worth checking out. Bevmo has it right now!

No comments: