Monday, December 17, 2007

Format Mag Interview With Gravis

Format Mag just did an interview with Joe Babcock from Gravis.

I've rocked Gravis gear since almost day one (I used to work for a Burton vendor). Not too much in the way of new information, but if you're new to the Gravis brand, it's a good refresher.

Back in 1999, I can't say I totally understood the direction. Skate looking shoes that weren't meant to be skated in? Who needs that? Now, it all makes sense. I give the heads at Gravis, including one of the brand's founders who has gone onto do other great things, a lot of props.

Collabs and accessories have always been a big part of the Gravis brand. While I just threw out my last pair of Tarmacs from those days (hey, they're almost 10 years old!), I still have a pair of the Cue's I rock on occassion.

Pic courtesy of Format Mag.

No comments: