Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Malakye Gets It Right With Office Booyz

Sometimes, those of us in the action sports industry think we're too cool for school and forget why we got into it in the first place... we actually enjoy skateboarding, snowboarding, freestyle scootering, stair-boarding, etc.

Malakye has not forgotten this and to celebrate the greatness of sitting at a desk and talking about limited edition socks all day from eesa, there is is Office Booyz.

I'll be traveling, so I can't make it to the comp, but I'd love to have entered the "most gray hairs" competition or "kit so rad you can't possibly back it up" event. Or just have fun drinking beers with people who realize we're really lucky to talk about limited edition socks all day. I'm just glad South of the North and Liv2Ride aren't on this coast.... otherwise I'd have to cancel my trip and show them how to throw down apres ski style.

Oh, and if you're looking for a job in the action sports industry, check out Malakye too. But be smart about it.... apply for jobs you're qualified for and if you're not, look at how to get qualified. You'll notice none of the jobs say "must be able to kickflip." Board skills are nice, but for these gigs, you need the mental tools too.

3 comments:

Jonny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jonny said...

OK,
South of the North could be persuaded to find last minute air fare to make this trip. Do action sports and industry bloggers qualify as office jockeys?

William said...

Since both of use derive some income from the action sports world, I think Chad would let us enter.

Supposedly there's going to be a "cell phone" trick competition as well. Airing with phone in hand, switch grabs, etc. I'm bummed I can't be there to show everyone my skills.