Thursday, February 14, 2008

Burton NoBoard and Bad PR

So my East Coast brother of another mother, Liv2Ride, did a little post about the fellas at NoBoard working with Burton.

Someone, maybe from NoBoard, maybe not, left a nice comment calling him a kook. Another guy left a great one insinuating that he likes to roll with dudes. On the latter, whatever man, super mature. On the former, here's my stance:

Everyone is entitled to the opinion. If you wanted to sway Liv2Ride, maybe you should have put something intelligent in there? Or told him about the fun aspects of it? Or sent him a YouTube clip? I'm sure there could have been a better way to get him to see your point instead of calling him a kook. Or gay. Or switch-kook.

I liken NoBoard to snowskating... it could be cool, but it's not something I'd see out after driving five hours to Mammoth. If I lived in an area where there was more, closer snow, maybe I'd be down with both. I enjoy snowskating (not blading.... those skate-deck snowboard hybrids) and would probably have some fun on a NoBoard too. Instead, "NoBoarder" just made some stupid comment that'll live together in cyberspace.

I know Burton's PR firm is smart enough not to make dumb posts. Hopefully NoBoarder is just some guy and not the crew actually at NoBoard.

1 comment:

William said...

Quick note:

Cholo from No Board just reached out to me. It seems that people are posing as being down with No Board and posting things that... well, comments that No Board isn't telling them to post.

That's the unfortunate thing about the online and blog world. You're going to get a lot of people posting things that simply aren't true.

As entrepreneurs, I wish No Board the best of luck. I'm sure riding their gear is amazing amounts of fun, I just don't get the slope time to make the purchase or experience worthwhile.