Thursday, November 29, 2007

Bern - One Helmet to Rule Them All

I hate wearing helmets.

That being said, I've worn a helmet since I worked with an affiliate of Burton way back in 1997. Thing is, they don't really bother me riding or skating, I just dislike them. And it's standard kit mountain biking. But I digress...

Bern (an east coast company, so right away I support them), makes helmets with interchangeable liners so you can go from wake to skate to snow. While I don't own a boat, I do skate and snowboard.

At first, I said to myself, "Bill, you're a grown man and can afford two helmets!" But then I lookard around my cluttered garage, at the four surfboards, eight snowboards, my girlfriends snowboards, our bikes, my expanding quiver of longboard skateboards, one regular skate and a lot of other useful stuff and said "Self, maybe you don't need more gear?"

Bern makes total sense now. One helmet to rule them all.

Thanks to my boy Hugh for turning me onto them. Hope the back heals buddy.
His post can be found here:
http://liv2ride.wordpress.com/2007/10/18/bern-tj-schneider-baker-hard-hat/

No comments: